Saturday, October 28, 2006

"Touching the Void"

Whenever I find a movie or documentary about climbing, my hand automatically reaches out for it and I have to watch it. So tonight, I watched a movie called "Touching the Void."

It was about two men climbing this mountain in Peru (I think it was) and how they had an accident that forced them to make life and death decisions. It was an inspiring story.

I don't know why, but I'm always drawn to these mountaineering topics. I've seen quite a few of these types of movies, all of which seem to tell near-death stories. I think I've been drawn to them ever since I saw Mt. Everest when I went to Nepal before.

For 2 weeks, every day we carried bricks and laid them for the clinic we helped build, we had full view of Mt. Everest and it was amazing. There's something majestic and moving when you see such grand nature.

Some day, I wish I can climb to the base camp of Mt. Everest. I wonder if that dream will ever come true =).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home