Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Tons of cookies

I haven't done much cooking lately, but last x-mas, I suddenly decided that it'd be fun to make cookies for all the students at the school I'm working at.

I'm not much for planning ahead for these things, so I quickly looked for a cookie recipe online, jotted down the ingredients, randomly decided that doubling the recipe would be enough and went out to buy the ingredients.

I went to the store and started putting whatever was needed into my shopping basket, and reached the last item on the list...butter. I didn't know that butter cost so much, and with my limited budget, I was tempted to substitute it with margarine, but after making a call to my mom to see if it would taste different, I decided I had to go with the real stuff.

Once I mixed all the ingredients and made the cookie dough, I was surprised at how much was sitting before me. I realized I'd need help cutting out all the cookies and baking them, so I asked a friend from work for help and we ended up making cookies for most of the following day! The cookies turned out great and the kids were quite happy with them, so it was well worth it. But I probably won't attempt the same thing again...

1 Comments:

At 2:16 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhh I wish I could have been there to help you eat them...The cookies were the soft kind of course right?

SM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home