Saturday, November 11, 2006

Another sudden hike.

My classmate from Jr. High was suddenly in town, so we decided to go hiking. It was my second time at this place, my friend's first, and neither of us had any idea where the trail lead or how long it would take, but we went anyways .After walking through several tunnels, we came across a bridge that said "Bridge closed-Do not enter"...but luckily there was a narrow walkway to the side so we walked across.
We were pretty high up and there was a river down below....I could see it through the cracks on the walkway so I was a bit scared.
It was an overcast day, so it felt a bit gloomy, but being surrounded by nature felt good.
We kept walking and walking not knowing how far the trail would lead, but eventually we reached a town. I found this traditional Japanese house, so I had to take a picture of it! I always feel like I've slipped back in time when I come across these traditional homes.
We didn't want to walk another 2 hours to get back to where we started from, so we took the train back and went on another short trail that lead to a hot spring. The hot spring wasn't that great, but it still felt good. It might have been anywhere from 5-10 years since my friend and I last bumped into each other...can you believe the first thing he did when we met up was laugh and say "You haven't changed one bit!"? But what can I say, I really haven't changed one bit, probably someone who last saw me when I was 3 years old will still recognize me in an instant after 27 years. Whether that's a good thing or not, I don't know.

2 Comments:

At 3:12 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where do you find all these neat places to hike? Are they all close by your home? I'm envious.

SM

 
At 7:18 PM , Blogger Robyn said...

Hey there. This is the same place I went to before, except I went further than before. I found it by coincidence when I looked out the train's window and thought it was pretty, so decided to go explore. So "me", huh?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home