Friday, January 26, 2007

Christmas cake...

Cakes in Japan are SO fancy and cute. They're so delicately made that I almost think they're meant to look at and not for eating. This was a christmas cake my friend ordered for her family.

In Japan, the purpose of christmas seems to be to eat these really really cute cakes made especially for christmas. People pre-order the cake of their choosing and get in long lines to pick them up on x-mas day. Interesting.

This cake on the right, it was a surprise birthday cake my friend's family ordered for me 2 years ago(maybe it was last year)...but I have this vague memory that I didn't get to eat a single bite of it because I was really sick on my birthday and I couldn't eat anything. So I took a picture of it instead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home